Friday, June 20, 2008

Mother's Dumplings, sigh.

It was actually Kris' idea for me to write a food blog. We were in Toronto at one of my all time favorite places to eat, Mother's Dumplings and I was raving about it. I always tell people who are going to Toronto that they must make a trip to Mother's. It's on Huron at Dundas, a block east of Dundas and Spadina, in Chinatown. It's a tiny little humble restaurant with mismatched furniture and only about 6 tables. The dumplings and noodles are all homemade right in their kitchen, which looks like anyone's kitchen in a home. We had lovely boiled pork and dill dumplings, steamed pork buns, and a green onion pancake, the best I've ever had. And we also ordered mango sticky rice not knowing what that would be. It was the most delightful dessert, sweet sticky rice with slices of mango laid on top, sprinkled with sesame seeds with a sweet, but not too sweet white sort of custardy sauce. So nice! Kris and I were very satisfied for a bill of only 18 dollars!

http://www.mothersdumplings.com/photo_album.html

No comments: